North Carolina and Illinois Workshops to Provide Opportunity for Participants to Obtain NWSA Accreditation to Administer Field-Based Practical Exams
(Fairfax, Virginia) - The National Wireless Safety Alliance (NWSA) is encouraging industry employers, trainers and workers to register for the upcoming Telecommunications Tower Technician Practical Examiner Accreditation Program (PEAP) Workshops scheduled for August 4-6, 2020 in Charlotte, North Carolina, hosted by MasTec Network Solutions LLC and August 18-20, 2020 in Champaign, Illinois, hosted by Midwest Underground Technology, Inc.
NWSA-accredited Practical Examiners are NWSA-certified personnel who have been trained and authorized by NWSA to administer the practical examinations for NWSA certification programs. In order to become an NWSA- accredited Practical Examiner, you must:
- Be certified by NWSA in both certification designations (TTT-1 and TTT-2)
- Have three (3) years of industry-related experience
- Attend a NWSA Practical Examiner Accreditation Workshop, during which your performance as a Practical Examiner will be observed and evaluated
- Pass a Practical Examiner Accreditation Program (PEAP) Workshop written exam testing your knowledge of the role of the Practical Examiner and the test administration process
- Pass the practical exam(s) in the presence of an NWSA representative (even if currently certified)
- Have a direct email address to receive email notifications from NWSA (this may not be a shared address)
Individuals interested in participating are encouraged to complete the NWSA PEAP Workshop application HERE and return it to NWSA via email to email@example.com. The deadline to register for a workshop is two weeks prior to the first day of the scheduled event.
NWSA reviews all potential participants' applications before admission to the workshop is granted. All applications must include payment and the submission of a resume or will be considered incomplete and will not be processed. Each workshop is strictly limited to eight (8) participants and will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
"NWSA is excited to host the upcoming Practical Examiner Workshops in North Carolina and Illinois during the month of August," said Executive Director Duane MacEntee. "NWSA’s ANSI-accredited worker certification programs are changing the game in the United States and the Practical Examiner Workshops will enable our organization to continue scaling our trade credentials across the country. NWSA appreciates MasTec Network Solutions LLC and Midwest Underground Technology, Inc. for hosting these workshops," added MacEntee.
Industry workers, companies and stakeholders are encouraged to visit the NWSA website at www.nws-a.org to learn more about the organization and how to begin the process of obtaining certification.