April 18-20, 2023, Workshop in East Syracuse, New York to Provide Opportunity for Participants to Obtain NWSA Accreditation to Proctor Field-Based Exams
(Fairfax, Virginia) - The National Wireless Safety Alliance (NWSA) is encouraging eligible industry employers, trainers and workers to register for a Practical Exam Proctor Accreditation Program (PEPAP) Workshop on April 18-20, 2023, in East Syracuse, New York, hosted by Qualtek Wireless.
NWSA-accredited Practical Exam Proctors are NWSA-certified personnel trained and authorized by NWSA to administer the practical examinations for NWSA certification programs. To become an NWSA- accredited Practical Exam Proctor, you must:
- Must be NWSA certified in BOTH certification designations (TTT-1 and TTT-2)
- Have three (3) years of industry-related experience
- Attend a NWSA Practical Exam Proctor Accreditation Workshop, during which your performance as a Practical Exam Proctor will be observed and evaluated
- Pass a Practical Exam Proctor Accreditation Program (PEPAP) Workshop written exam testing your knowledge of the role of the Practical Exam Proctor and the test administration process
- Pass the practical exam(s) in the presence of an NWSA representative (even if currently certified)
- Have a direct email address to receive email notifications from NWSA (this may not be a shared address)
Individuals interested in participating are encouraged to complete the NWSA PEPAP Workshop application HERE and return it to NWSA via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to register for a workshop is two weeks prior to the first day of the scheduled event.
PLEASE NOTE: To be an NWSA-accredited Practical Exam Proctor in the Telecommunications Tower Technician Program, you must be certified by NWSA in both certification designations (TTT-1 and TTT-2). All PEPAP Workshop applicants MUST be certified prior to applying. Seats cannot be reserved pending certification results.
NWSA first verifies certification and reviews all potential participants' applications. All applications must include a certification number and the submission of a resume or will be considered incomplete and will not be processed. Each workshop is strictly limited to eight (8) participants and will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
"NWSA is encouraging industry employers, trainers and workers to register for the upcoming Telecommunications Tower Technician PEPAP Workshops," said Executive Director Duane MacEntee. "These workshops are critical forums to continue to help the organization buildout the nationwide, grassroots network of proctors which will ultimately lead to more credentialed NWSA workers around the country," added MacEntee.
Companies interested in hosting a future PEAP Workshop at their facility are encouraged to complete the host application HERE and submit the form via e-mail to email@example.com.